Tuesday, September 8, 2009

In sweltering heat I still find the cold



Hmmmmm. How to start this?

College student with much to look forward to and yet nothing to look forward to all at the same time?

No that's no good.

How about.

I looked around typing to no one yet and sighed.

"What am I doing? A blog? About what?! I can't cook in my dorm. I'm still not too well off when it comes to playing my bass. I am definitely not going to be the top of the class. I'll just have to write about the here and now." Finger's raced across my keyboard viciously typing out the next phrase.

My life.......... sucks. No I'm being harsh. It's not bad at all. First time on my own. At college and possibly something good going with a guy named Dustin. I go by Cori due to the fact I really hate my real name. When your true name is called and cheerleaders and very ghetto kids answer you start to hate the name it's self. Not to mention it was spelled wrong. Enough about my name what else is there? The two short stories I should be reading for my fiction class? Nah you don't want to hear about homework. You probably have enough to deal with or had enough to deal with too never want to read the word homework ever again.

I am a musician. That's pretty interesting. I play the double bass, which for those not yet to google, is the large wooden instrument found in jazz bands, country groups, and orchestras. Basically the tuba of the string section. It standing on a metal pin and is larger than a cello. If you don't know what a cello is feel free to go to your precious google. I am average at it now but I'm getting better and maybe it will actually take me somewhere.

I originally started this thing as sort of a Julia and Julie spin of my own. I just got a cookbook of all the recipes in the French restaurant of New York called Les Halles. Unfortunately the stove in our dorm is broke beyond repair. I am a stubborn bitch though and didn't want to give this up just yet.

I want to hold your hand is playing in my mind and I'll wrap this up. All in all we are the Fable of Life and you'll be seeing more of me in the days to come.

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment